We’ve spoken before about how drinking green tea may help you lose weight. According to clinical studies conducted by Dr. Abdul Dulloo of the University of Geneva in Switzerland, green tea raises metabolic rates and speeds up fat oxidation. Green tea is also a great immune-enhancing health-booster and anti-cancer agent, with flavonoids and polyphenols thought to inhibit tumor formation.
So here is our easy-to-make recipe for green tea, but this one tastes so good you’ll never guess how good it is for you! A great, healthy thirst-quencher appropriate for any time of day!
- 6 green tea teabags
- 6 cups cold water
- 2 ripe peaches, pitted and sliced
How to Make It
- Place teabags in a large teapot or pitcher.
- Put sliced peaches in a saucepan, add cold water, and bring to a brisk boil, then pour water and peaches over teabags.
- Steep for 6 minutes, then add sweetener (maple syrup, honey or Succanat are recommended). Allow tea to cool, then refrigerate until thoroughly chilled.
- Include a few peach slices in each glass and serve with a spoon, garnished with a sprig of mint, if you like.